Digital communications: support wanted!
workers.coop is a new federation of cooperatives with a mission to motivate, educate and organise worker co-ops, and spread the word about worker cooperation.
We’re in startup mode, and now looking for a freelancer or studio to support us with generating and publishing digital communications.
This contract is initially for 24 days delivery over the next 3 months at a £175 day rate. It is likely this contract will be extended based on how the role develops.
You’ll collaborate with the federation’s paid project coordinator and our working groups, which are made up of volunteers and other paid partners.
We need to start generating content for news updates, events, resources and peer networks, and for general propaganda. To begin with, we’re targeting two different kinds of people:
- Worker co-operators and their allies – to demonstrate what we’re trying to do, and motivate them to get involved
- Workers who don’t yet know that worker co-operation is a way to meet their needs and aspirations – especially younger workers.
Below are the typical areas we are expecting support to include:
- Editorialise and co-create copy in a range of styles, tones and formats including newsletters, blogs, graphics, videos and social media content.
- Edit existing member generated content applying our style guide in a consistent, persuasive way ready for digital publication on our website or social media. Short-form video editing for social media a bonus.
- Schedule, design, create and run email communications, to maximise engagement
- Track and analyse email performance and click throughs, and experiment to improve engagement rate
- Using our style guide and templates, create and update Wordpress web pages and create resources in pdf format for publication to the website
- Work with the project co-ordinator to market our membership offer and the user journey through the website, to maximise membership engagement
- Work with the Communications Group, supporting the delivery of their strategy and work plan
Expressions of interest to:
Deadline: 24th Jan 2023