workers.coop: Events organising role
workers.coop is a new federation with a purpose to motivate, educate and organise people to start, strengthen and grow great worker co-ops.
We have a growing membership and will be holding our first large scale event as an independent organisation. We are looking for a freelancer or co-operative with experience of designing and delivering large multi-day events.
To oversee the design and delivery of a large scale, multi-day event that creates a space for our members and those interested in worker cooperation to come together. To learn, share, and do business together. Most importantly, to build a community, celebrate our successes and work on our challenges,as part of an all member general meeting
Due to the early stages in planning this event, agreeing a revenue model, scoping the programme, budget and timescales we are looking for a general expression of interest, sharing of evidence for running events, and typical day rates. We will agree to contract terms based on discussions and the eventual size and nature of the work required.
Areas of delivery
- Working with our Board or other sub-groups co-create an events brief, and plan to deliver an event on the scale of previous “Worker co-op weekends”
- To design the overall concept of our conference programme. In previous years the “worker co-op weekend” has been over 2-3 days, attended by 70+ people and provided a range of affordable ticket prices including camping. We are not expecting an event exactly the same, but looking for one with a similar spirit.
- To create and deliver event plans to meet the needs of our members and overall strategy.
- To be accountable for a budget ensuring enough income is raised from ticket sales, grants and sponsorship to cover the cost of delivering the event.
- Experience working within a democratically run organisation or worker co-op before
- Experience designing and delivering multi-day events
- Needs to be amiable, approachable and responsive to supporters and our membership
- Needs to be able to present information in an accessible way and communicate it well to others
- A working knowledge of sociocracy practice desirable
Our commitment to diversity
workers.coop is a brand new organisation. We want to grow economic democracy in marginalised parts of society and keen to receive applications from everyone regardless of their background. Striving for racial justice, smashing the patriarchy or replacing capitalism a bonus.
Expressions of interest
Send CV’s, LinkedIn or other evidence to:
Deadline: 14th April 2023