workers.coop: supporter organising role
workers.coop is a new campaigning organisation with a purpose to motivate, educate and organise people to start, strengthen and grow great worker co-ops.
We already have 30 volunteer supporters, carrying out activities across 5 working groups. But there is a lot more to do.
We want to build our expertise and need support to create the infrastructure to recognise, organise and induct lots more people to carry out actions on behalf of our federation.
Our strategy is to organise the 400+ existing worker co-ops in the UK, and their 1,000’s of individual workers to build our power, influence and be a force for social and economic change.
We are looking for a freelancer or agency, ideally a co-op with experience of working in a campaigning or volunteer-led organisation, who can commit to delivering initially 24 days over the next 3 months for a contract of £4,200 (est £175 day rate). We are still in the start-up phase and there is the potential for this contract to be expanded and extended as we grow.
Areas of delivery
- Working with our mobilisation and organising group co-create a supporter strategy to scale up the number of supporters delivering our broader strategy
- Create an induction and training programme to increase supporter confidence and capability to act. Deliver initial training for supporters to take on this induction role longer term.
- Create the systems and processes to help organise our supporters. Such as defining the supporter roles we need or particular actions supporters can carry out on behalf of the federation.
- Design and be an initial catalyst for a recognition and reward programme celebrating our supporters successes, providing them with the intrinsic and extrinsic motivators for take part.
- Experience working within a democratically run organisation or worker co-op
- Experience designing and implementing volunteer or membership engagement campaigns or processes
- Needs to be motivational and able to encourage people to take on responsibility
- Needs to be amiable, approachable and responsive to supporters
- Needs to be able to present information in an accessible way and communicate it well to others
- A working knowledge of sociocracy practice desirable
Our commitment to diversity
workers.coop is a brand new organisation. We want to grow economic democracy in marginalised parts of society and keen to receive applications from everyone regardless of their background. Striving for racial justice, smashing the patriarchy or replacing capitalism a bonus.
Expressions of interest
Send CV’s, LinkedIn or other evidence to:
Deadline: 31st March 2023